1. What are the student activities other than academic?
Extra curricular activities like sports, cultural, inter collegiate competition, social activities through National Service Scheme (NSS) in and out of the college premises.
2. What is the procedure for Admission?
The applicant must be a citizen of India and should have passed the H.S. (10+2) or its equivalent examination from a recognized Council/Board in a regular Class mode with the following:
Age restriction: Applicants shall at least be 17 years of age on 31st December in the year of admission. There is no upper age limit.
Admission through Lateral Entry to the 2nd year (3rd semester level) of the undergraduate degree course offered by Government/Private Pharmacy Colleges/ Universities of the State of West Bengal during the Academic Session 2016-17 is open to candidates who have either passed diploma course in Pharmacy from any polytechnic/ Institute with at least overall 50% marks (45% for reserved category).
3. Which documents are required for admission?
Please refer home\mandatory disclosure.
4. Can diploma student gain admission?
Yes, D. Pharm students can be directly admitted to Second Year B. Pharm on the basis marks obtained in Final year D. Pharm. For further details refer Admission
5. Which exam is to be given for gaining admission?
WBJEE after 12th /HSC with minimum 45% mark for Open category and 40% marks for Reserved category
6. What is the intake capacity of your college?
D.Pharm : 60 students & B. Pharm. 60 students:
7. Can this course be done by correspondence?
NO - It's a full time course
8. What is the course schedule?
D Pharm: Two year full time course which includes lecturers and practicals B. Pharm: Four year full time course which includes lecturers and practicals
9. What is the marking system of this course?
Three internal sessionals of 20 marks each are conducted for practical and theory out of which average of best two sessionals is considered and send to university of Pune. Finals are conducted by the university wherein 80 % marks are considered and 20 % internal marks are considered and passing in both exams with minimum 45 % is mandatory. Pattern of course is annual for B. Pharm. and Semester for M. Pharm.
10. What is the marking system of this course?
Compulsory 75 % attendance in all subjects; practical as well as theory
11. Which are the subjects included in 4 years?
The subjects included in the 4yr course includes the following subjects Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceuitcal Analysis, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Medicinal Chemistry, Physical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Computers and Biostatistics, Management and Human Anatomy and Physiology. These subjects are divided in the four year course.
12. When are final exams conducted?
Generally during May-June month regular exams are conducted, Wheras supplementary exams in Oct-Nov.
13. What is the course structure Annual or Semester pattern?
Annual pattern for D. Pharm. and semester pattern for B. Pharm.
14. Are there any options to select the subject during the course?
No, all the subjects during the Two year & Four year course are compulsory
15. What are the extra curricular activities?
Extra curricular activities include sports, National Service Scheme (NSS) and cultural activities which are held regularly in the college as well as students are sent to other colleges for competion.
16. Where is the college located?
College is situated at Chandrakona Town, Paschim Medinipur. It is 17 Km away from chandrakona road Railway Station, 1 Km from Chandrakona Town Central Bus Stand
17. What is the mode of transport to reach the college?
From chandrakpona Railway railway station by bus to chandrakona Town, Stoppage Engineering College
18. Is the college approved by PCI?
Yes, the college is approved by Pharmacy Council of India.
19. The college is under which university?
The college is affiliated to West Bengal state council of Technical and Vocational Education & Skill Development for D.Pharm course & Affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (Erstwhile WBUT) for B.Pharm course.
20. Is there a mode of transport to and from the college?
YES, provision of a BUS is made.
21. Is there a training schedule in the curriculum?
Yes, one month industrial training in third year B. Pharm
22. Is there a placement cell in your college?
Yes, there is a placement cell in our college wherein campus interviews are conducted by various companies every year and eligible candidates are selected. Refer PLACEMENT link for details.
23. Which companies are approached for training & placement?
Various renowned Pharmaceutical companies approach our college for conduction campus interviews for further details Please refer PLACEMENT link
24. What are the eligibility criteria?
For gaining admission in B. Pharm course a 10+2 pass candidate with min 45% marks + Valid rank of WBJEE is eligible.For further details Please refer Admission criteria
25. What are the resources in the college?
The college is equipped with the latest and upgraded instruments in each laboratory, an excellent library with recent books on each subject, Well qualified Teaching staff, Gym, Play ground
26. Are their computers in the college?
There are 50 computers in the college accessible to the staff and the students along with internet facility. Wi-fi facility is also available
27. Are separate rooms available for Boys and Girls?
Yes, the college has a spacious Girls' common room with toilets attached. Boys' room is also provided with toilet facility on different floor. Each floor is equipped with separate washrooms for gents and ladies.
28. What is the mode of teaching?
Lectures are conducted by usage of OHP, LCD or chalk and black board and with reqular practicals of the respective subjects.
29. Is there any facility to search for jobs in the pharma field?
Yes we have such facility; the concerened alumni usually contact the staff members for the same.
30. When is the next alumni meet?
Please refer to the event calendar for recent updates.