Physiotherapy or Physical Therapy (P.T.) is a Movement Science with an established
theoretical and scientific base and widespread clinical applications in the Prevention,
Restoration & Rehabilitation, Maintenance and Promotion of optimal physical function.
Physiotherapists diagnose and manage movement dysfunction and enhance physical and
functional abilities. This physical dysfunction may be the sequelae of involvement of any of
the systems like Musculoskeletal, Neurological, Cardiovascular, Respiratory or other body
systems We at PGIMS offer both Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) & Master of
The objective of this course is to prepare the students:
To acquire adequate knowledge of basic medical subjects and to develop skills and
techniques of therapeutic exercise and therapeutic modalities so that they can manage various
medical surgical conditions of patients.
To acquire knowledge so that they can point out by assessing the medical and surgical
conditions of the patient.
To acquire skills in management, research and teaching as well as guidance and counseling
- To acquire proper attitude for compassion and concerns for patients and welfare of
physically handicapped in the community.
- To practice moral and ethical values with regard to physiotherapy.
Course Level: U.G & P.G
Consultant Physiotherapist in Multi-specialty Hospitals, Health Care
Corporate Physiotherapist in MNCs
Health Care Physiotherapy Instructor in Modern Gymnasiums
- Ergonomic Care Advisor
- Physiotherapist in Special Schools for Physically Challenged Children
- Physiotherapist in Old Age Residential Homes
- Sports Physiotherapists along with Sports Associations, Sports Team,
individually hired physiotherapists by elite athletes
- Entrepreneurs in Rehabilitation Centers/ Organizations
- Private Practitioners running Private Physiotherapy Practice
- Clinical Researcher